Aisha Tyler Profile
Aisha Tyler is an American actress, comedian, director, and talk show host who is best known for playing Andrea Marino in the first season of Ghost Whisperer, Mother Nature in the Santa Clause films, and Dr. Tara Lewis in Criminal Minds.
Tyler is the host of Whose Line Is It Anyway?. Previously, she was the co-host of CBS’s The Talk, where she won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Entertainment Talk Show Host. Additionally, Tyler hosted Ubisoft’s E3 press conferences and has lent her voice to the video games Halo: Reach, Gears of War 3, and Watch Dogs.
Aisha Tyler Education
Tyler attended McAteer High School in San Francisco where she pursued an early interest in comedy. The school had a special program called School of the Arts, now named Ruth Asawa San Francisco School of the Arts. She attended high school with Margaret Cho and Sam Rockwell. Tyler had a crush on Sam Rockwell, and followed him into acting class one day, leading to her interest in improv and sketching.
She then attended Dartmouth College where she graduated in 1992. Tyler was a member of The Tabard, a co-ed fraternity. At Dartmouth, Tyler co-founded and sang in the Dartmouth Rockapella’s, an all-female a cappella group devoted to creating social awareness through song. She briefly worked for a San Francisco advertising firm, and then toured the country pursuing a comedy career before moving to Los Angeles in 1996.
Aisha Tyler Age
Tyler was born Aisha Naomi Tyler on September 18, 1970, in San Francisco, California, United States (she is 51 years old as of 2021.) She celebrates her birthday on 18th September every year.
Aisha Tyler Height
Tyler stands at a height of 6 feet 0 inches (1.83 m) tall.
Quick Facts About Aisha Tyler
|Age||50 years old as of 2021|
|Net Worth||$8 million|
Aisha Tyler Family
Tyler is the daughter of Robin Gregory, a teacher, and James Tyler, a photographer. The family spent one year in Ethiopia before spending time living in an ashram in Oakland, California. Her parents separated when she was 10 years old and Tyler was raised by her father.
Aisha Tyler Husband
Tyler was first married to Jeff Tietjens in 1992. Jeff was an attorney. The couple then separated in January 2015 and Jeff filed for divorce in April 2016. The divorce was finalized in May 2017.
Aisha Tyler Gay/ Lesbian
Tyler is a vocal advocate for the rights of the LGBTQ community. She is openly gay. In 2018, she shared a picture of herself, holding a film strip in her hand, that features her and Arrow actress Emily Bett Rickards being silly, cuddling cheek to cheek, and also sharing a kiss. She captioned the photo, “True love.” She stated that they met during the summer and are deeply in love.
Aisha Tyler Net Worth
Tyler has an estimated net worth of $8 million which she has earned through her career as a stand-up comic, author, and actress.
Aisha Tyler Friends
Tyler played a role in Friends as Dr. Charlie Wheeler, Joey’s and then Ross’ girlfriend, in the ninth and tenth seasons.
Aisha Tyler Criminal Minds
In June 2015, Tyler landed a recurring role on the eleventh season of Criminal Minds playing the role of Dr. Tara Lewis. Although Tyler served as a temporary replacement for Jennifer Love Hewitt, who was on maternity leave, her status was elevated to the main cast member in season 12.
Aisha Tyler Ghost Whisperer
This film is about a young woman called Melinda Gordon who is able to communicate with the earthbound spirits of people who have already died and are seeking help to get answers. In this film, Tyler portrays the role of Andrea Marino.
Aisha Tyler Archer
Tyler voices the character Lana Lane in this fictional American film.
Aisha Tyler Podcast
Tyler is featured in a podcast called Girl on Guy which was launched in 2011 by her. In this podcast, Tyler interviews various celebrities about their lives and careers. It is Self -described as guy-centric. Starting on July 26, 2011, Tyler started her own weekly podcast, Girl on Guy, where she interviews her favorite celebrity friends and discusses topics guys love. Girl on Guy is available on her website for download using iTunes, mp3, and RSS. The show launched as the No. 4 comedy podcast on iTunes and currently is the No. 2 comedy podcast, and the No. 7 overall podcast on iTunes.
The first weekly installment of Girl on Guy featured guest H. Jon Benjamin, the second featured the host of Current TV’s former show InfoMania Brett Erlich on August 1, 2011, and the third featured Archer creator Adam Reed on August 9, 2011.
Aisha Tyler The Talk
In October 2011, it was announced that Aisha Tyler would join the cast of The Talk as a permanent co-host, replacing Holly Robinson Peete. Tyler’s first full week as a co-host was from October 24 through October 28, 2011. Additionally, she is known for being expressive and outspoken on The Talk, especially about African American culture and stereotypes, LGBT rights, and women’s rights. On the June 15, 2017, episode of The Talk, she announced that she would be leaving the show at the end of the seventh season due to her busy schedule with three other television shows and directing films.
Aisha Tyler Stand Up
In 2009, Tyler performed her stand-up comedy routine, live at the Fillmore Theatre.
Aisha Tyler Movies
- 2020: Bad Therapy – playing a role as Roxy
- 2020: Friendsgiving – playing a role as Lauren
- 2017: Axis – playing a role as Louise (voice)
- 2010: The Babymakers – playing a role as Karen
- 2009: Black Water Transit – playing a role as Casey Spandau
- 2008: Meet Market – playing a role as Jane
- 2008: Bedtime Stories – playing a role as Donna Hynde
- 2007: Death Sentence – playing a role as Detective Wallis
- 2007: Balls of Fury – playing a role as Mahogany
- 2007: The Trap! – playing a role as Angela
- 2006: The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause – playing a role as Mother Nature
- 2021: Monsters at Work – playing a role as Millie Tuskmon (voice)
- 2020: Diary of a Future President – playing a role as Alicia
- 2018: Unapologetic with Aisha Tyler – playing a role as Herself (host)
- 2016: Lip Sync Battle – playing a role as Herself
- 2016: Supergirl – playing a role as Herself
- 2016–17: @midnight – playing a role as Herself
- 2015–20: Criminal Minds – playing a role as Dr. Tara Lewis
- 2014: Modern Family – playing a role as Wendy
- 2014: The Mind of a Chef – playing a role as Herself
- 2014–15: BoJack Horseman – playing a role as Sextina Aquafina (voice)
- 2013–present: Whose Line Is It Anyway? – playing a role as Herself (host)
- 2013: Hawaii Five-0 – playing a role as Savannah Walker
- 2013: The Getaway – playing a role as Herself
- 2012: Glee – playing a role as Jake Puckerman’s Mother
- 2011–12: XIII: The Series – playing a role as Major Jones
- 2011: RuPaul’s Drag Race – playing a role as Hersel